@categorical_imp: More Sweat, Less Ink

Sunday, February 2, 2014

More Sweat, Less Ink

Let me start by defending myself. I promised to give you four posts as part of the teaser-series, and I delivered only two. I could be fired for not coming up with the deliverables on time, I know. But let me tell you that this journey isn't as sugar-coated as I thought it would be.

In fact, when young(er) writers come to me and ask, "What does it take to be a published author?", I tell them the title of this post. "More sweat, less ink."

I make it sound unromantic, I've probably taken the sheen out of things; maybe I've stolen the writer's aura. But it's true. It's truer in India, than in other places, where the writer, apart from creating the book in the first place, gets involved in the nuances of its life. It's like having a baby which never grows up.

So I put forth my stout defense (for being callous with this space on the net) by saying that I was busy trying to oil the machine. I promise to come back with those two posts which are still missing.

I will also tell you about my journey as an author as time goes by. While it may be difficult, it's certainly an interesting one.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment